Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Perfect Day

A few months ago things were getting really crazy with work and trying to balance everything. Charlie insisted I take a day to myself. I started with a yoga class and then headed to a massage appointment at Wellbridge. For me part of what makes the massage experience so fabulous is enjoying the time before and after the massage with a good magazine and a cup of hot tea. I also made sure to take advantage of the sauna this time. On the way home I stopped by Whole Foods and picked up a salad and an amazing piece of le leche cake. Seriously, it was the perfect day.



I sat and watched the snow fall after my massage while I drank my tea. This is one of those days I wish I could transport back to when things feel out of control. My purpose for starting this blog was to focus on "balance" in my life. The blog has become much more about family and the kids which makes sense because in the scheme of things that is where the focus must be as a mom. However, as the school year winds down and I have a chance to breathe and take a minute to reflect I realize how much better of a mom I am when I take the time to stay balanced. Here's hoping this summer is a chance to reorganize my priorities and be more focused on balance next school year. Only 2 weeks of chaos left!

No comments:

Post a Comment