Saturday, January 3, 2015

Serenity


One of my favorite gifts was from my mom and dad~ an Origins gift set.  It came with a candle, ginger bubble bath and lotion.  And the kids and Char got me my favorite bath salts from Whole Foods.  My bath in the evening is one of the things I look forward to most in the day.  Even more so when things feel out of control or out of order in my life which has been a lot this year.  
I do feel like over this past two weeks, I've been forced to slow down and have had time to regroup.  We've stayed home a lot because we are still adjusting to all the carb counting and shots for Maura.  Going out to eat, which has always been something I enjoy doing, has become more of a stressor because Maura has to eat within 30 minutes and then get her insulin shot.  I am sure over the next few months, things will start to feel more routine and it won't have the same level of stress.  But for now, it has been more about being home bodies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment