Monday, June 3, 2019

Appendicitis Take 1



I had been having stomach pains for about a month.  I thought it was likely an ulcer and put off having it checked out.  On Maura's birthday, I was at work.  I had just brought Sophia to wait for the SSD bus.  I felt so terrible that I sat on the floor behind her wheelchair.  One of the students walking out said "oh, you are meditating".  I drove to the urgent care on the way home.  They did a CT scan which was terrible because they IV was messed up, so when the dye went through the IV, it hurt terribly.  They said I had a ruptured appendix with an abscess.  I spent three days in the hospital on IV antibiotics to help with the infection from the rupture.  Then ten more days on oral antibiotics once I got home.  The surgeon at Mercy said I needed a colonoscopy to ensure everything was ok with my colon.  Then his recommendation was no surgery.  Not a good recommendation...unplanned appendectomy ended up happening in March.
 











Colonoscopy prep!




No comments:

Post a Comment