Thursday, March 21, 2013

Last Parents as Teachers Visit


Maura had her last Parents as Teachers visit last month.  Lisa has been with us for 12 years, since Ben was a baby!  I feel like this program has given me so much throughout these years. During those PAT visits with Ben, I remember being so excited that someone was coming over to talk about him with me!  First, it was adult interaction during a time when I was getting too little.  Second, I always had questions and needed reassurance.  And finally, Lisa always made me feel like I was an awesome mom.  Lisa continued to come over with Max and then Maura.  I felt less like I needed the adult interaction but still had questions and loved the reassurances.  Through the years I thought this would be a perfect job as the kids got older.  I feel so lucky to be part of such an incredible program with an amazing staff.  It is a dream job talking with moms and helping them through the crazy path of parenthood.  I teared up quite a few times during our last visit being flooded with memories of all these years that have gone by too quickly.  But I'm so happy I get to be there for moms like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment