Friday, March 18, 2016

Chicago: Rathburn Visit/Laura's Bday


In February I went to Chicago for Laura's surprise 40th bday.  I went a day early to experience the Rathburn world in Chicago.  Liz and I went to a little Crepe place for lunch, delicious!  I told Max that if we won the lottery, we should take some of the money to open a little coffee/crepe shop.  We will have an area for yoga, no cost, just donations.  And we will have comfy couches and a reading area.  The kids can work there and Max can be one of the chefs.



I got to see the boy's schools.



And Cooper's lego creations




DJ's Bar

For Laura's birthday we stayed at the Loews Hotel.  It was modern and beautiful.  I think Laura was genuinely surprised to see all of us there to celebrate her.  The first night we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner.  Christian had asked us all to put together a toast for Laura.  Half us us made our toasts the first night, the rest the second.  I was on for the first night which was good because I knew it was going to be emotional and I wanted to get it done.  I wrote it down in a card because I was sure I would cry and not make it through or miss things.  When I was writing it the week before at home, Max saw me crying and asked me what I was writing that was making me so sad.  I told him I was remembering when they were babies.  Laura has been like a sister to me and honestly, I don't know how I would have made it through the baby years without her.  She taught me how to nurse properly and without feeling awkward.  I love how direct, honest and open hearted she is.  My toast was long but I think I was able to say all of the important things that I love about her.













No comments:

Post a Comment