Friday, May 21, 2010

Max's Kindergarten Graduation


This morning started out rough. Max climbed into our bed a little before six. He was all smiles and giggles at first. But then reality started to sink in and he was realizing this was the end of his Kindergarten year. He LOVES school, he LOVES Mrs. Drabelle, and he HATES change particularly when emotions are involved. It was time to put on dress clothes for the performance and he lost it. I seriously didn't know if he was going to be ready by the time carpool showed up. After trying all sorts of reasoning and negotiations and threats I finally just said, "Max are you sad that this is your last day of Kindergarten?" The tears really started coming and he said "Mom, I don't want to go to 1st grade, I want to stay in Kindergarten forever". After a long hug and me promising to bring comfy clothes for him to change into after the performance he agreed and got dressed.
The performance was so cute- lots of songs and all the kids did a great job with their lines. We had punch and cookies afterward and then went bowling afterward. On the way home from bowling Max said "Mom, I'm sorry about this morning". He has a sensitive heart. I love that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment