Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Since it is Mother's Day I decided to be self-indulgent and start this blog. I woke up early- actually I was woken up early by Maura calling for me. It was 4:45am but she wanted to watch a show. I had to go through the list of all the people in her class who were still sleeping. This seemed to do the trick. But just as I started to settle back to sleep Ben's alarm on his watch started going off. Then a few minutes after that Max came down and climbed in bed. So 4:45am was my destined time to wake up this morning. I got up, made some oatmeal and a cup of tea, grabbed my laptop and returned to bed. Using a laptop in bed feels decadent. Funny what feels decadent these days. A few minutes ago Charlie took the kids out to get my Mother's Day breakfast (a mocha and bagel are coming my way :) ) so the house is so quiet- birds are chirping outside, sun is out- it is a good day. Breakfast in bed is great but the result is three bouncing kids on the bed and crumbs everywhere. I will embrace the crumbs and enjoy these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment